Registration for the Spring Cohort will start Jan 19th. Join our mailing list to be notified when we are taking applications. The next cohort dates are:
April 13-14 Intro to Agile
April 27-29 Applying Professional Scrum
May 16-27 (weekdays) Practicum
What is Agile for Patriots (AFP)?
Agile for Patriots provides military veterans and their spouses with focused Agile training, practical experience, Professional Scrum Master certification, coaching, and resources for finding employment in Agile software development at no cost.
What are the requirements to participate?
- U.S. military Veterans and spouses who are seeking employment will be considered
- Participate in an interview and be accepted into the program
- Computer, strong internet connection and webcam is required. A headset with microphone is strongly recommended.
- You will need to commit to the Agile for Patriots Creed and be ready to work as a team to achieve team goals
How to Apply?
- Complete the application (Registration has closed for the last program, but join our mailing list to be notified when the next program is scheduled)
- Register with ID.me and take a screenshot of your profile page so we can verify your Veteran/spouse status
- If selected to move forward, we will contact you for a brief Zoom interview
- Get acquainted with the mindset, values, principles and practices of team-based solution development
- Complete the pre-training survey/homework
- Attend the virtual course
- Within 14 days from completion of the PSF course, take the Professional Scrum Master certification, and you will have two free attempts at the exam. Certification is required to continue to the practicum
- If you pass the PSM I on your first attempt, you may apply for the Scrum Master or Product Owner role of the practicum
- You will form a Scrum team that will be tasked with a small project to be completed within 2 weeks
- You will utilize tools such as WordPress, Divi Builder, JIRA software
- Hear from professional Agile speakers and employers
- Experience Sprints from the Agile Delivery Playbook, including Sprint Review and peer reviews
- The practicum concludes with a graduation ceremony
- Alumni support with Meetups in the DFW area
- Potential Apprenticeship opportunities when available
- All graduates in good standing are eligible to participate in select future Scrum.org and Agile for Patriots training, workshops, and ongoing coaching if they have met the guidelines set by the program.